The Sales Lead is responsible for driving sales and establishing and maintaining customer relationships by delivering superior customer service and providing an outstanding shopping experience for our guests through product knowledge, trend awareness, and exceptional guest care. The Sales Lead assists in the merchandising and maintenance of the floor and corresponding stockroom area. This position reports directly to the Store Manager or Assistant Store Manager.
- Lead the selling effort to achieve department sales plan; communicate sales goals to the team and follow up on progress.
- Achieves or exceeds all personal sales and productivity goals while abiding by all loss prevention policies.
- Support the onboarding process for new associates and deliver technical training in areas such as point of sale execution, merchandising standards, vendor/product knowledge, and customer service.
- Comply with and educate others on LIT’s 8 step Customer Impressions
- Objectively assess associate performance and provide feedback to management to address development opportunities.
- Foster a positive work environment by delivering recognition.
- Teach associates tools used to grow sales, including clientele books, clientele call/text campaigns, and follow-up emails.
- Support execution of weekly promotional sign changes and effectively communicate the current sales promotion to associates.
- Provides respectful, attentive service to the guest throughout the store. Utilize suggestive selling techniques and assist with merchandise selection and merchandise returns.
- Knowledge of visual standards and techniques; ability to implement and interpret according to LIT's guidelines, individualizing to store attributes. Actively maintains merchandising, organization and housekeeping standards in all areas of the store.
- Fulfill phone and online orders to support the omnichannel customer experience.
- Communicate product in-stock needs to management as needed.
- Perform additional job duties/responsibilities as assigned by Store management and Executive management.
- Sales Lead must be willing to work a flexible schedule based on business need, which will include evenings, weekends and some holidays.
- 2+ years of retail management experience is preferred.
- Must have excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize responsibilities and multi-task with an appropriate level of urgency.
- Must have strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Requires the ability to perform general math computations.
- Possess basic computer skills, ability to use a cash register.
- Physical requirement includes the ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time, effectively maneuver within all areas of the sales floor and stockroom, lift, carry, push, and/or pull 15 - 30 pounds.